Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hello

This blog is part motivation, part accountability, part diary.  I want a place to record my trial and error, success and failure, and things that motivate me.  If it motivates someone else or helps them get healthy, that is a wonderful bonus.

I might gather enough courage to post my weight or "before" pictures some day, but not today.  I will say that I am a 43 year old, morbidly obese, type 2 diabetic that needs 5 shots of insulin a day, in addition to other medications.  I have various health problems, including side effects to the insulin that causes dizziness and nausea almost daily, which makes working out difficult.  I am learning that difficult does not equal impossible. 

Every day I am stepping away from being a fitness-wanna-be and becoming a fitness-gonna-be.  I know it will be hard.  It has been hard for years, trying to lose weight and get healthy.  Hard isn't gonna stop me any longer.

I am starting the "Am I Hungry" book and workbook by Michelle May, MD, as well as working out at Legacy Martial Arts, and the Salvation Army Kroc Center, both in Quincy, IL.  I'm also doing workouts at home in my basement-turned-mini-gym.

If you have found this page because you are looking for a magic pill or potion for easy weight loss, I am going to burst your bubble.  Such things do not exist, because I surely would have found them if they did.  I have spent my entire adult life going from diet to diet and exercise to exercise.  There is no easy way out of obesity.  It always takes hard work, dedication and sacrifice to reach a goal.  Goals are worthy pursuits and the time and effort put into achieving them is never wasted.

I may feel like whining and making excuses for my present situation, and God knows I have spent years doing so, but that life and the results it has brought me are very tiring and I'm ready to do work now to improve my future life and health.  The results will be recorded here:  the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Sincerely,
Tina
The Fitness-Gonna-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment