Monday, September 3, 2012

Hey - How Did These Get in my Fridge?!

The enemy appeared in my fridge over the weekend.  As a favor to a friend who had a busy weekend, I offered to make the sweets for our after-church fellowship this weekend.  That is how these came to appear in my fridge.

One of the hardest things for me to deal with in my quest to get healthy is unhealthy but tasty and tempting foods.  My family's lifestyle seems to revolve around food.  Family functions, church BBQ's, dinner with friends, snacks watching sports; it all adds up to FOOD.  Good food.  Fattening food.  Food that is dang hard to resist.  Constant food.

I am learning that I can't put the whole world on a diet.  I can't control the food intake of the general population or of all my family and friends.  That means that I have to control my own food intake, most often in the presence of enemy foods.  I understand that no food in itself is inherently evil and I've heard the mantra "everything in moderation" until I'm ready to hurl.

My problem is, apparently my "moderator" is broken.  Whatever it is inside a person that tells them to steer clear of a food, or that they have had enough does not seem to be working in me.  It never has.  I won't say it never will, because I believe it will. 

I'm digging around inside myself until I find it; then I will dust it off, repair it, put it back where it belongs and turn it on!  It has something to do with a bible verse that I heard Sunday, which says if you walk in the Spirit, you won't gratify the lust of the flesh.  That, in a nutshell, is the answer.  I'm mulling it over every day and it is beginning to grow and take root in me.  It will grow and produce the fruit of the Spirit in my life, one of which is self control.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, and you want to know, get your hands on a bible and read Romans chapter 8 and Galatians chapter 6.  That's what I'll be reading for a while, among other scriptures.  I'm excited to see where this leads.  I'm sure it will be somewhere away from those beautiful cupcakes!

Sincerely,
Tina
The Fitness-Gonna-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment