Thursday, September 20, 2012

Starting Over


Starting over. 

I read a great blog post tonight from a mentor of mine, Brenda Turnbaugh, of http://bodybybrendat.com/.  It is good enough that I'm going to recommend you go read it for yourself.  Here it is, http://bodybybrendat.com/2012/09/20/why-did-i-change-it-up/, I'll wait.

In the post, she talks about how she had a good thing going; something was working for her, and then she switched it up and lost her momentum.

I can really relate to that, except for the part about having a good thing going.  I haven't had that for a long time.  I may have never had that.

But I need it.  Bad.  So, I'm starting over.  Throwing out several plans and diets and workouts and expectations and disappointments and just starting over.

I'm not ditching FIT class.  I love FIT class and I will not give that up.  I have had to shelve it for a while to let my foot heal up, so I'm modifying, modifying, modifying at home.  I'll be very happy when I can get back to FIT.

I'm mostly starting over feeding myself.  Feeding yourself shouldn't be hard.  But it has turned into a big huge deal for me and I need to just get over it and feed myself properly.  So I will, starting now.  That means no bedtime snack tonight.

I hung a photo on my dining room wall; I can see it from where I sit to eat my meals.  It is a group of women running, and the caption is:

"Discipline is doing what you know needs to be done, even when you don't want to do it.  JUST DO IT!"

That is good advice, and I'm going to be living it from now on.

I'm more determined than ever to make this a life.  Not a diet.  Not a plan.  A life.  A good, healthy, productive FIT life.

Sincerely,
Tina
The Fitness-Gonna-Be

1 comment:

  1. Tina, first thank you for the nice complement. And second, I love to see you blogging your journey! Not everything works for every person. I have tried so many, and then I found that BALANCE works best for me. I can't wait to have you back at FIT! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with to keep active until you are ready to come back. And never count out HIIT Shadow boxing for cardio while you can't use your feet. You can even do it in a chair if need be. HR will get pumped! You ROCK, Girl! Keep DOING IT!

    ReplyDelete