Saturday, September 22, 2012

Lunch



Here is a look at a standard lunch for me these days.  My "formula" is to fill my plate with vegetables first, then add a little fruit, some protein, a little fat, and maybe some grains.

Today my vegetables were 1 red bell pepper, 1 box of cherry tomatoes, some lettuce (hiding under the sandwich) and a pickle. Then I added an orange and a sandwich.  The sandwich is lean deli turkey and lean deli ham, low fat pepper jack cheese, & stone ground mustard on whole wheat bread.

This is a formula that I can change up according to which vegetables look good at the store, or what I happen to have a taste for.  Many times I will just skip the bread.  I always have to have either a pickle or a few olives because they are some of my favorite foods.  I try not to have cheese and olives at the same time due to the fat content; I also don't have pickles and olives at the same time due to the salt content.  Those olives just don't play well with others!

Most of the time a lunch like this will hit the spot and I'll be a happy camper until dinner.

Sincerely,
Tina
The Fitness-Gonna-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment