Saturday, September 1, 2012

Just a Walk in the Park

Clatt Adams Park, Quincy, IL

The weather was perfect and the skies were a beautiful stormy gray this afternoon, and all I could think about was getting out with my camera and taking some pictures.  This is my favorite one from today's outing.  I'm a novice with my camera, but I always have so much fun goofing around with it.

After about an hour I took the camera home, swapped it for the dog, and off we went for a walk in the park.  I'm counting it as interval training, because the dog alternates between sprinting and stopping to sniff under every tree and bush.  We both enjoyed it immensely. 

Exercise doesn't have to be at a gym or fitness class to count.  Anything that gets you moving is fair game.  If it makes your soul happy as well, then that is even better.  Today's outing fed my soul and made me happy to be alive and well enough to run around with my dog.  

I'm learning that movement makes me happy.  In my workbook today I had to answer a question about what activities I would be doing if my size and fitness level were not an issue.  My answer included kayaking, rock climbing, tae kwon do, competing in a triathalon, & surfing.  I want to do everything!  Making a list helped me visualize what I want to accomplish with my body, so when I want to overeat or skip exercise, I can picture myself being busy with all these activities, and I will be motivated to stay on course and continue to work toward these goals.

Sometimes, the path to a new you is as simple as a walk in the park.

Sincerely,
Tina
The Fitness-Gonna-Be

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! Makes me want to start photography again. I haven't used my camera in quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewels, if you can find the time, you have a whole new world now to photograph. I'm sure there are many beautiful places nearby. And DUCKS!

      Delete